To mark this anniversary, and to thank the sector for its support, we are partnering with key institutions to deliver a special series of workshops in their communities on a variety of topics. Watch for updates below as we add information about events being scheduled throughout the year in Philadelphia, North Carolina, Boston, Colorado, Illinois, and more!
- April 17, 2018 – Charlotte, NC – United Way of Central Carolinas invites nonprofit leaders to the Levine Museum of the New South for a workshop on Thriving Through Organizational Change, with David La Piana and featuring panelists Jay Everette (Wells Fargo), Arrington Mixon (The Leon Levine Foundation), and Sean Garrett (United Way of Central Carolinas). For Charlotte-area nonprofits helping to boost economic mobility in the region will require creative business models that engage new funders and resources. As panelist Jay Everette said: "The key to thriving is finding opportunity in the change."
- June 13, 2018 – Denver, CO – Metro Volunteers welcomed nonprofit executives and board chairs to a session with David La Piana and Lara Jakubowski on trending issues in governance.
- June 14, 2018 – Colorado Springs, CO – The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) hosted a learning and networking opportunity for more than 150 local nonprofits and funders to explore change management strategies, with David La Piana and Lara Jakubowski. Thank you, Colorado, for the warm welcome! And congratulations to CNE and Colorado Nonprofit Association, which as of July 1, will unite to become Colorado Nonprofit Association of the Pikes Peak Region. (Photo at right: Renny Fagan of Colorado Nonprofit Association and Abby Laine Sinekiewics of CNE, with David La Piana.)
- October 3, 2018 – Dallas, TX – The Better Together Fund and La Piana Consulting co-hosted a session on "Navigating Organizational Change Through Formal Collaboration," featuring David La Piana and a panel of local leaders -- Christina Hanger (Executive Director of Dallas Afterschool), Sylvia Komatsu (Chief Content Officer at KERA), and Michael Thomas (CEO of My Possibilities) -- who shared their experiences of how organizations can come together through strategic partnerships to maximize their impact.
- October 12, 2018 – San Diego, CA –The San Diego Foundation, Rancho Santa Fe Foundation, and Jewish Community Foundation San Diego hosted Doug Green, who presented a session on Building Shared Leadership, exploring three essential conversations for building shared leadership within organizations and with collaborative partners.
- October 23, 2018 – Normal, IL – Forefront, in partnership with the Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning at Illinois State University, hosted a Learning Summit where David La Piana shared the principles and practices of nonprofit collaborations and strategic restructuring.
Thank you to all our host-partners and attendees for these 2018 events!